Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Resolutions

Abby says:

It’s that time of year again. Time to ring in the New Year with New Year’s resolutions. This year, I’m in a better place than I’ve ever been, and I’m not making anymore resolutions. I’m done with that.

I cannot tell you how much time I’ve spent over the last several years composing ridiculous and unrealistic resolutions. And, of course, I never lived up to them – then felt guilty about it to boot. My favorite resolution is dieting and losing X number of pounds. It never happened! It never will!

My resolution for 2008 is to not have any resolutions. I went through a scary health bout with a family member last year. It made me look at things quite differently and treat every day as though it could be the last. I work hard. I have fun. I have wonderful friends and family. I try to help people along the way. I’m back in school, learning new things and meeting new people. My life so far has been an interesting journey with experiences I treasure. I am so grateful for what I have. I’m just going to keep doing what I do and enjoy each and every day as it comes.

Having said that, why make a resolution?


Sheri says:

Resolutions can be helpful. I made a number of them for 2007 and only succeeded in about half. The other half will roll over to 2008. I’m usually not willing to share my resolutions but I’ll share a few at the end.

Abby and I have been friends forever. I admire her and I think she has the same respect for me. But, we live very different lives.

Abby runs a thriving business and works harder than anyone I know. I am struggling to keep a business alive.

Abby is single. I juggle a household with a husband, grown children in and out, and my two in-laws who happen to live with us.

Abby is super smart. I’m muddling.

So, here are my resolutions (at least the ones I’m willing to share:)

Stop envying Abby.
Eat more.
Enjoy the little moments.


What are yours?

Abby says:

Give me a break Sheri, why do married people always think that “single people” have it easier? While I am single, I also have elderly parents to take care of. They don’t live with me but I am still responsible and do a lot for them.

My resolution for you is to stop talking and take action – think about what Sheri’s needs are instead of everyone else’s.

Sheri says:

I don’t believe Abby has it easier. Not for one second of any day. Nor would I believe that single people have it better or easier. Different does not mean better or easier – just different.

1 comment:

janis said...

I have resolutions. Many, and they usually are the same every year. Like many people, for me, January 1st marks the begining. A chance to have a fresh start. At least for calendar standards. While I have been very blessed, and have much to be thankful & proud of for the year 2007. I also have much room for improvement. I do hope for 2008 to be better than 2007. I have to have something to reach toward, a goal, if you will. Although I know and admire both Sheri & Abby, I wouldn't want to trade places with either. I have enough on my plate as well and just dealing with my own life is plenty. I do feel that in knowing these women, I have learn much and I am a better & stronger women through their friendships. They give me strength & wisdom. They also teach me to take what life gives me and make it wonderful. I love reading their Blogs and I doubt they will ever truly realize how helpful & entertaining they are. One of my resolutions for 2008, is to read more, starting with their Blogs. That is one way to start a great day for me. I love you both Candid Girls, please post more often!