Wednesday, December 5, 2007

What's on Your MP3 or iPod?

Abby says:

I use my iPod for two things: working out and kicking back. So, my song list is extremely eclectic. During my workouts, I like music that motivates me such as things with deep drum beats, strong guitar and great acoustics. Earth, Wind and Fire, Bozz Scaggs, Tom Petty, Stevie Wonder, Neil Diamond and Melissa Ethridge are just a few I listen to while I run. There are some evenings after work when I feel like I cannot possibly work out. Then, I turn on my iPod. It’s amazing how music can motivate you to do something you don’t want to.

On the flip side when I’m relaxing, I like smooth, quiet music. Give me Elton John, Billy Joel, Barbra Streisand, Seals & Crofts, Celine Dion, Basia and Gordon Lightfoot. It’s been fun to collect all these great CDs and put them in one place where you can enjoy them all at once.

Sheri says:

I want to be technologically proficient. I’m taking baby steps.

At first, my iPod seemed to have this limitless memory. Now I’m seriously close to running out. So, I’m in discard and clean-up mode. I’m very proud of myself that I know how to do that.

My first CD player allotted for five CDs and then you could put them on “shuffle.” This made me very happy. My iPod allows me to make play lists. (And then I can shuffle them.) This makes me giddy.

You can do the standard categories, i.e. rock, country, jazz, etc. But you can do other customized things like holidays or bad mood days. One of our mutual friends has titled one of her play lists, “Sing along songs.”

I’m very emotional these days so I’m considering a play list of “Cry along songs.” Who knows? It might prove very therapeutic.

No comments: