Monday, February 1, 2010

Mountain Climber


We returned from Zona yesterday and are back to the daily grind at the office. (Sigh.)

Our last day of the trip entailed a climb up the foothills of Black Mountain. For some of us, the adventure was shorter than for others. I made it maybe about 2 miles. I was not wearing the most sensible shoes for a climb, and the drop-off down the mountain looked a bit too steep for my somewhat fear of heights. I also did not want to impale myself on a giant cactus. Our friend Cynthia (new nickname "Mountain Girl") hiked a daring 5 miles. Here she is in all her glory shortly before I turned around and headed back to the ranch. You go girl! It was another great year at Camp Big Sal.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I truly believe that we have reached the point where technology has become one with our lives, and I can say with 99% certainty that we have passed the point of no return in our relationship with technology.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Societal concerns aside... I just hope that as memory becomes cheaper, the possibility of downloading our memories onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's one of the things I really wish I could experience in my lifetime.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://kwstar88.insanejournal.com/397.html]R4 SDHC[/url] DS ComP)

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.

Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Dismiss Crawling Downloads With NZB Files You Can Quickly Search High Quality Movies, Games, MP3 Singles, Software & Download Them @ Accelerated Rates

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]Usenet[/B][/URL]

sheri said...

I have no clue what these other comments are about. All I have to say is "go Cynthia!"

Anonymous said...

I was searching on eBooks for a good book to help me with my diet. In the end I googled it and found this site http://www.hungryforweightloss.com.

They are giving away a free ebook called "365 tips for healthy living". I didn't expect it to be any good because it's free but it's actually brilliant so I thought i'd share it here :)

Anonymous said...

You were wearing girly shoes!!