Monday, January 23, 2012

2011 Better Late Than Never

I cannot believe I have been so remiss in posting to my blog. I hope to not do this again, however, I don't do New Year's Resolutions because I find that I break them.

2011 was just a very crazy year. It was a year filled with great beginnings as well as one filled with sad memories.

My happiest moment was walking into NYC's Lincoln Center in a cap and gown for my Master's graduation from PACE University -- with my closest friends sitting in the wings. Finally, after 3 1/2 years, I actually did it!

My saddest moment came to light when I realized that my dad was not alive to share this with me, and my mom was not well enough to make the trip. But, that is ok.

Life has thrown me some incredible curve balls in the last two years. It seems that every time I would catch one, another was thrown. And so it continues. I guess you just keep on "catching" as they come.

I hope that with the knowledge I have gained from my parent's illnesses that I can somehow pay it forward. I am surrounded by a small niche of incredible friends and some awesome physicians who have helped me navigate the very uncertain waters of parental caregiving.

No comments: